Thursday, September 4, 2014

The Heart and the Changes it can go through



Okay so in the last few days it's been pretty much impossible to look online without hearing about, reading about, or talking the nude celebrity leaks. Long story short someone managed to get their hands on nude images of several celebrities including Jennifer Lawrence, Avril Lavigne, Kate Upton, and many many many more. These images were then shared on the internet for public viewing 

I'm not here to make some moral grand stand about how you should look up those images.

I'm not here to try to liken those who do go looking for those images with rapists and abusers.

I'm not here to tell you where to find those images.

I'm just here to share with you how I changed my mind on wanting to see them myself.

I heard about the leak on Sunday evening and I'll admit that for a short while I went looking for some of the pics. But while I was looking something came over me. It went something like this.

(Internal monologue time. Queue music.)

Danny: Should we really be doing this Danny?

Danny: Doing what?

Danny: Looking for those images.

Danny: Why do you ask?

Danny: Well think about it. Its not like these folks intended for these photos to be shared out in public like this. I mean someone had to break into an online account in order to get to them in the first place.

Danny: True. If they wanted them to be shared they would be out on a million different sites by now.

Danny: And think about this. Let's say those were pics of us.

Danny: Yeah. Even if we had a body that could be considered attractive we wouldn't want to have our photos paraded around the net like that.

Danny: Very true.

Danny: Let's just let them be.

Danny: Fair enough.

Yeah it really was that simple.

I know I wouldn't want to have pics of myself out there like that so why would I take pleasure in such a horrible violation of the privacy of another person?
-->