Saturday, February 22, 2014

Day Three - Pizza, Comics, and Lack of Black People

So after getting off work today I decided I didn't want to go back to my room so I did what everyone (?) does. I found a Total Wine and bought craft beer. Now I'm stocked up for the next few days. After trying a few samples I decided to make my way to a pizza gourmet pizza joint with a rock theme.

But first I had to make a few detours.

First was a set of shops called H Plaza. Not sure about the name but it was basically one very large structure that had a supermarket in the middle and then several other businesses around it including a bank, hair salon, and suit shop. It was geared towards Korean customers. I really like the idea behind the design of the building.

Next I hit up a comic book store and made progress into getting back in to comics by picking up the first three volumes of Birds of Prey (New 52).

From there I saw a game shop. Not a major chain like Gamestop but a small mom and pop shop. I have to say that it had been a long time since I've been in such a shop and it felt good. Not so cold and impersonal like a big chain. They even had a few arcade machines to play and had games going back to the Atari.

After leaving there I finally heading to the pizza shop. Counters that look like speakers, music posters on the wall, dishes named after rock tracks. I had a "Wild Child" which is Alfredo sauce, mushrooms, spinach, and blue cheese. It was good shit.

Got back in and talked to the girlfriend for a while and finally made contact with Ginkgo (yes the one from Genderratic).

Things are looking up.

Now I just have to remember that I have limited space for souvenirs to take home.


-->