Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Cooking with Danny Stage 10

I've really gotten back into cooking it seems. Not sure why but I'm feeling it now so I'm going with it.

This time around I've got a simple soup recipe for you. Seriously, it's simple. Check it out.

Simple Soup

46oz. container of V8 (I recommend the one that's seasoned with Black Pepper but feel free to use whichever you want)

16oz. of frozen vegetables (I used a bag that's a mix of corn, peas, carrots, and string beans)

1lb. of spiral ham chopped into chunks and its ham bone (Leftovers from Thanksgiving)

Yeah I didn't put any seasoning in it because the V8 has pepper (and no doubt salt) and the ham certainly has salt in it. Put it all in the crock pot, refill the V8 container to 1/3 to 1/2 full (rinsing out the container) and adding it in, and let it run for 4 hours. This won't take long because basically all you're doing is heating up the V8 which will in turn thaw out and heat the veggies and heat up the meat.

Done.

Yeah I told you it was a simple recipe. But it sure came in handy a few weeks ago when it was like 32 degrees. And it freezes pretty well so you can make a batch, put some away in ziploc bags, and resurrect it when you need it.

For as much as I love my soup time grows short. You see the deep, freeze your bones type of winter doesn't last long where I live. So by my estimate I have enough time for one final pot of soup before I turn my crock pot to other things.

And it will be a wonderful soup indeed......

Enjoy!


-->