Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Cooking with Danny: Stage 5

I got an interesting tip from watching episodes of Nigella's Bites on youtube a short while back.

Freezing meat in its marinade.

Think about it. When you want to keep something for later you freeze it right? Well what if you did something with that time other than just keeping the food around for later? What if you were letting that marinade soak into the meat and letting it soak in even more as you let it thaw out?

In each of these marinades I had two boneless skinless chicken breasts. Unfortunately I forgot the olive oil this time.

Marinade 1.
Lemon Juice
Honey
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

Marinade 2.
Lime Juice
Ground Ginger
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

Marinade 3.
Pineapple Juice
Pineapple Chunks
Sea Salt
Black Pepper

I've cooked the first two and they came out pretty good. I simply pan fried them with a vegetable on the side (I don't recall what veggie since I actually made these a few weeks ago and am just posting about them now). Also I made sure not to go overboard with the lemon/lime juice this time.

I'm thinking about getting some brown sugar and baking that their one...
-->