Thursday, May 17, 2012

Cooking with Danny: Stage 4

You ever go in a grocery store and see the section in the meat area where they have fancy cuts of meat that are marinated or seasoned? You ever see how much that stuff costs? I know right? So here's what I'm thinking.

Why not make that kind of stuff yourself? All you need is a bit of foresight (the night before is all) and a bit of thought into what you like. I made two marinades, cut two boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in two, and set them in the fridge overnight. The two marinade recipes are listed below, each in a ziploc bag.

Also with the 1/2 lemon and 1/2 lime not only did I squeeze all the juice I could out of them but I also separated most of the pulp from the rind and threw it in too (just remember to not accidentally cook it later). After letting them marinate over night I simply pan fried them. You don't need to oil the pan first because of the olive oil in the marinade. I literally took them out of the bag and laid them on a hot skillet to cook them. Give them about 8min on each side in medium heat (although I did cut the largest piece open to check for doneness).

Garlic Lemon Chicken
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Tblsp of dried basil
Tblsp of dried thyme
4 Tblsp of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Black pepper


Before


After





Ginger Lime Chicken
Juice of 1/2 a lime
2 Tblsp ground ginger
2 Tblsp of honey
4 Tblsp of olive oil
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
Black pepper



Before


After



You know these came out pretty well with only one problem. It might be because I added the pulp to the marinade but the respective lime and lemon flavors were a bit strong. Next time I won't bother with the pulp and I'll use less juice. Other than that these were awesome.

-->