Friday, May 4, 2012

Cooking with Danny: Stage 2

I had the feeling for some chicken salad tonight But I don't do all that onion, pickles, and other shit. I make it my own way dammit!

Spicy Chicken Salad Crunch!

1 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

1 Stalk of Celery (Okay I had a beast of a time finding a small pack of celery since I would not be making enough to use up the size of package you normally get. I ended up getting a small veggie tray that had carrots/celery/tomatoes/ranch dip).

Handful of slivered Almonds

Mayo

Horseradish Sauce

Sea Salt

Black Pepper

Ground Ginger

Clean the chicken and slice it (so it cooks faster). Simply pan fry it in olive oil and season it with the sea salt, black pepper, and ground ginger (or however you like). Once its done put it to the side (or perhaps put it in the fridge if you want it to cool off for easier chopping). Chop the celery into bits and fry them right in the same oil/juices/etc... you have left from cooking the chicken. It won't take long to cook, take it from heat and set aside.

Chop up your chicken into a mixing bowl. Stir in the celery and almonds. Mix in you mayo and horseradish sauce (I used roughly 2 parts mayo and 1 part horseradish sauce).

Enjoy!!!
-->