Tuesday, April 17, 2012

NC Democratic gubernatorial debate - Second Stage

No go on tonight's debate. I was watching it stream on my pc but then the feed got jacked up about 5 minutes into it and I didn't get to see the rest of it. Once I can find some coverage of it I'll post about it tomorrow. Although I don't expect much because in the few minutes I saw of it it seemed like they were pretty much treading the ground they covered last night.

But in the meantime here are a few links on the things they did talk about last night.

North Carolina has fewer jobs now than in 1999.

North Carolina unemployment rate falls below 10 percent.

What is "fracking" and why do so many oppose it?

Amendment One. Thankfully Faison, Dalton, and Etheridge are all against it, as is current governor Perdue. This is important since the governor would have veto power (although if Amendment One passes in May I think it will still be up to Perdue to veto it since the new governor will not be in office until later this year).

A little number crunching and fact checking on figures given during last night's debate.

The third and final debate will be tomorrow evening.
-->