Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting to know you

I know I did one a while back but I feel like doing it again and since the questions are different it should be fine if I borrow this from Daisy right?

1. What is the most daring thing you've done?

Honestly I've had a pretty boring life so I don't really have much to say on this. Although there was that time I was nearly killed by the onrushing train...

2. What is your favourite article of clothing?

My Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess jacket. Its green with the Hylian symbol on the back in gold paint. I love it so much that I only wear it maybe 2-3 times a year other than that it stays in my closet.

3. What is your favourite monster?

Glory from season 5 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. So sexy and so simplistic in her acts of violence. And I'm also fond of Dracula from the Castlevania games. An evil that never truly dies but just rests until it regains strength to rise again? Yes.

4. If you had to dress up as your favourite literary character, who would it be?

I don't have a favorite literary character but despite my disdain with chivalry I have to go with Sturm Brightblade from Dragonlance. Guns: He stuck to them.

5. What is your favourite fairy tale, urban legend or nursery rhyme:

I don't recall the exact details, the author, or even when it was written but one has been coming in my mind a lot lately.

The wind and sun were talking about who was more powerful. After a long exchange with no conclusion the wind sees a lone traveler in a long coat walking along a road makes a deal with the sun, "Whoever can get that coat off of him is more powerful. Deal?" The sun accepts and wind went first. Blowing and thrashing and thrashing and blowing the wind tried with all might to get the coat off the man but he just kept holding it tighter and tighter. Eventually the wind gave up, thinking the sun had no chance. The sun simply identified increased the temperature until it became so hot the traveler had to take off his coat.

I don't recall the exact wording of the lesson but it was something to the effect of, "Force, the best approach it is not."

6. What is a cause near and dear to your heart?

I try not to hold one cause to my heart out of fear of denying the validity of others. But unfortunately I've done just that so now I'm working on that.

7. What is the strangest item you've used as a bookmark?

A Magic: The Gathering card. I think it was some generic Forest land card.

8. Do you have any nicknames? What are they and how did you earn them?

I have others but they have person meaning but the one I will share is how I came to go by Danny. When I was in my first year of college I was still introducing myself as Daniel but a few weeks into the semester I started running with a group of friends that basically said, "No man we're calling you Danny.". And it stuck. Without even thinking about it I was introducing myself as Danny to everyone I met, even long after I lost touch with that bunch of friends that renamed me. Hell I even remember the very last time I introduced myself as Daniel to someone. So to this day there is an odd condition on what people know me as.

If you knew me before fall of 1999, are a current co-worker, or are family you would know me as Daniel. Other than that you would know me as Danny.

9. Name one habit you want to change in yourself?

Time management: I fail it. And a soul crushing self doubt that I'm working on these days.

10. Tell us something interesting or shocking about yourself.

Dammit I hate these questions. Well I did go to a fetish party this past weekend...
-->