Sunday, April 15, 2012

Cooking with Danny: Stage 1

Since moving I've been cooking more than my occasional once a week (bear in mind I cook more often than these posts appear its just that I only do a post when I cook something that I think is noteworthy). So to keep up I've decided to ditch the dating method of the posts and just number them as I go along. I'll still keep the "Weekly Menu" tag (there will be no new "Cooking with Danny" tag) so that you can easily go through my archive of cooking posts though.

Garlic Fusion Chicken

2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts

3 Cloves of Garlic (chopped)

1/2 Red Bell Pepper (sliced thin)

Mushrooms (I honestly just added those because I had some leftover ones in the fridge and couldn't think of another way to use them before they went bad.)

Sea Salt

Black Pepper


This one is pretty easy. After slicing the breasts as if I were cutting them in half, BUT NOT CUTTING ALL THE WAY THROUGH (look at the pic below for reference), I stuffed the inside of each one with the red bell pepper and garlic. Season the top of each (you can put some on the inside if you wish) with sea salt and black pepper Spread a bit of olive oil in my pyrex dish, spread the mushrooms across the bottom, cover with foil, bake at 350 for about 45min.

The picture below was taken about 30sec after I took it out of the oven and as you can see there is a lot of "juice" in the bottom. Between the chicken's juices, the water from the mushrooms, and steam being trapped by the foil there is a lot to work with. There's probably enough that you could put it over some brown rice and it would be good.

-->