Thursday, March 15, 2012

So maybe I'm not such an Easily Forgettable Presence after all

Okay so I'm moving tomorrow. Part of moving is reporting into a different office (I'm still with the same company just transferring). For the last 6 years I have been in the same office, behind locked doors where sensitive computer equipment is kept. There I toiled my days away in Tech Support with another department of women next door (well literally on the other side of the door, I had to go through their department to get to my office). Despite them calling me for help directly instead of calling our support line I never really thought that anyone would really notice I was gone.

Boy was I wrong.

You would not believe how many times I've gotten the "How come you didn't say you were leaving?" conversation last week and this week. It would seem that that all the time I spent thinking that I was just ghost passing through was all for naught. In fact the ladies in the department next to me actually gave me a nice bunch of gifts for my new place (complete with the "we weren't sure what to get a guy" thing but I let that go this time...). Plates, cups, cooking utensils, a toaster, one of those little wastebaskets for the bathroom that has other stuff in it like a soap dish, and even an entertainment center. Seriously they probably saved me over $100 of initial shopping.

In fact I have to say I kinda hid back in my office because I was shocked into silence over it.

I still have a lot of learning to do...


(Alright folks this my last fresh post until I return, anything you see after this is scheduled. You can email me at dannybois-dot-corner-dot-gmail-dot-com. Take it easy!!!!!)
-->