Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Mashup Stage 89

In an effort to build up the Ethecofem community into a place where any walk of life will feel welcome to come and discuss things we are looking for another regular contributor, preferably of the female persuasion to balance things out a bit, but anyone interested is welcome. We like a variety of viewpoints, experiences, and perspectives. And as always April is on the eternal lookout for guest bloggers as well. If you're interested drop a line at ethecofem[at]gmail[dot]com.

Also feel free to treat this as an Open Thread.

Male Training Through Emotional Abandonment & Inferiority Conditioning: Eh, the comparisons to slavery bother me a bit (but I am thankful that explicit mention of the slavery of blacks in America doesn't happen until the comments) and the idea that feminists are to blame for all the woes that befall men does nothing but give feminists more to whine about (because as you may not know no feminist has ever done anything negative before). But some of what he is saying there does hold up on its own.

Syfy Looks To 'Eureka' For 'Bob From Corporate': Eureka creator Jaime Paglia looks to make his break from television (with the flagship show ending its run this coming fifth and final season) as short as possible. He's got a new idea in the works already.

Exile in Gal-Ville: How a Male Feminist Alienated His Supporters: Ah, so the things he said about men and projected on to men for years wasn't was got him ousted. No he finally did something bad, he pissed women off. Phew its a good thing those activists are for equality for all people or else I'd be upset that it took a major revelation for so many of them to queue their outrage.

To straight, male MRAs in relationships: Has your stance on men's rights had any impact on your relationship? How does your wife/girlfriend view your opinions?: Interesting. People sharing stories of how being an MRA affecting their relationships.

Valentine’s Day Snub Prompts Boyfriend Attack: I don't visit Smoking Gun often and frankly it looks like its not legit but if on the chance that this is true this is terrible. You know the "buy her the right gift....or else" ads that run during Valentine's Day have bothered me for a while. But for some reason if you were ask me if I thought that stuff really happens I would have said no. (And here it is on a CBS affiliate site...)


And don't you forget it!


Column: OH!Victoria - "Why Shouldn't Westerners Cosplay?": Is it racist for Westerners to cosplay characters from Eastern works of fiction?

How would you feel if you found out you were raising another man’s child?: I'm not sure if she is still collecting answers on this (its several days old) but the comments are a train wreck. Personally I'd be pissed because the mom deceived me and that the system will not lift a damn finger to help men (oh but if I try to leave they will circle the tanks). And honestly I don't know if I could truly not let that rage spill over onto the child. The child in that situation would really be innocent but I there is a chance that trying to make me stay for financial support could hurt the child in order ways (that don't necessarily mean direct abuse). But one thing I do know if the "he should have kept it in his pants" crowd were as worried about children as they say they are then they would be adding some "she should have kept track of which ones were in her pants" to the mix.

Me, APD, and 'Babysitting While White,' Part Deux: In this day and age when people will play sexism and racism in order to complain about men being with the children in their lives while at the same time bitching that men need to "step up" I have to concede that in the realm of Cool Head this grandad is a better man than me. I may have been cool long enough to not end up in jail but you can bet your ass the resulting blog post would be nowhere near as nice as what he posted and I'd be suing everybody.

ethecofem's Getting A Brand-New Look!: Yes April has pulled out the jackhammers, forklifts, and other tools and is about to rework the site again. This should be fun...

See you next week!
-->