Monday, December 26, 2011

What was your greatest accomplishment this year?

The end of the year is upon us and like most people I've been looking back over the year at what I've done and have not done. And of course when you do that you will almost certainly wonder what great/good things you've done and what bad/terrible things you've done over the year. I've been doing the same and I have to say that probably the single greatest thing I've done this year was my phototherapy.

It all started earlier this year with coming clean on the fact that I absolutely hated to have my picture taken. After putting up with this for so long I decided to do something about it.

And thus Danny's Phototherapy was born. I do post other things there now but the original purpose of it was for me to post pictures of myself thus getting me to get along with the idea of having my picture taken. Also I tend to rant about fat in general. And I have to say that the results are good. I've noticed in the last year that I've come to be okay with having my picture taken. But more noticeably my friends have see the difference.

I recall about a month ago I was hanging with two buddies and the wife of one of them wanted to take out picture. After taking the pic both buddies and the wife both commented on how I didn't avoid the picture. A hell of a leap for a man that learned how to clean shave in the shower so he wouldn't have to look at his face right (and I'm serious about that, clean shave with no cuts)?

So come on share those good things.

Did you start a blog up this year?

Did you hit a milestone in a relationship?

Did you get something you've been pursuing for a long time?

Speak up.

6 comments:

Clarissa said...

I managed to improve my health dramatically through living a much healthier lifestyle. Not a single significant spike in blood pressure for me in 2011. That's really huge. And no doctors or drugs were involved. :-)

Also, I finally learned to make a really good risotto. It sounds trivial but I've been trying for years and it always came out wrong. Until this year. :-)

And my blog hit the milestone number of visitors per day: 5,330. That's a lot.

Good year.

Danny said...

Great job on the health. That is something I'm working on next year.

I've never tried risotto before now that I think of it. That may be something worth trying next year (You can see I've cooked a lot of other stuff if you look up my "Weekly Menu" series).

Congratz on the milestone. I wish I could get that may visitors a day.

Clarissa said...

Completely off topic: I have nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award: http://clarissasblog.com/2011/12/28/the-versatile-blogger-award/

Danny said...

Oh did you now?

Thanks so much. I'll have to take a look at this VBA, and probably nominate a round of folks myself.

Maybe if I win I'll have to add that to my list of accomplishments for the year (it would be my first blog award of any sort, certainly that's a milestone).

Sonja Newcombe said...

I became team 2IC and am acting manager for a few weeks. I've been quiet online as the first 6 months of the year were epicly craptastic, so I threw myself into work.

I also started up a FB page for my paintball photography & bought a new camera.

Danny said...

I became team 2IC and am acting manager for a few weeks. I've been quiet online as the first 6 months of the year were epicly craptastic, so I threw myself into work.
Sorry to hear things go craptastic Sonja. Hopefully things are getting better?

I also started up a FB page for my paintball photography & bought a new camera.
You do paintball photography? Are you taking shots during matches or having people pose in their gear?

-->