Wednesday, December 7, 2011

A "real nigga" you say?

So a short while ago I dropped a post about DPhill and this XY Movement I've been hearing about. Personally I can't stand the guy's fashion sense but more importantly he's trying to make a statement. A statement that says a man should be free to wear whatever the hell he wants. Good statement right? Well I'm you've heard the "old" saying, "Haters gonna hate."

I'm seeing all kinds of tweet hate coming at this guy:
AllMightyOats: If I ever catch that nigga that started the XY movement .........

Words_Slurred: no no no no i am not supporting this shit you are one of the niggas i hate

WoderrDustin: this nigga @dphillgood a weirdo
So as you can see some real charming remarks.

But here's the thing. Its always been my understanding that a "real nigga" just does his thing and don't be giving a damn what other cats be on right?

If that's the case then why mess with this guy?

DPhill's display of manhood is in no way harming the image of the "real nigga". Its not like he's going around telling them that they aren't "real" if they don't rock tights and lip stick.

If anything he's just showing there is more than one acceptable way to be "real".

There's no way on this good and green earth I'd copy his fashion sense but the message. The message is what's important.

So rock on DPhill, rock on (one small gripe, I've heard some of his music and while not as bad as other rappers I've heard "bitch" a few times here and there).

2 comments:

Jim said...

This policing is the price we pay for solidarity. It's not even just human nature; it's a trap just waiting there for you when you close ranks. So make a decision, be free or not.

Danny said...

A high price indeed Jim.

-->