Monday, November 28, 2011

Weekly Mashup Stage 77

In an effort to build up the Ethecofem community into a place where any walk of life will feel welcome to come and discuss things we are looking for another regular contributor, preferably of the female persuasion to balance things out a bit, but anyone interested is welcome. We like a variety of viewpoints, experiences, and perspectives. And as always April is on the eternal lookout for guest bloggers as well. If you're interested drop a line at ethecofem[at]gmail[dot]com.

Also feel free to treat this as an Open Thread.

What Blogging Has Done for Me: Mainly what its done for me is to help me clear my thoughts and to develop them.

Where Are All the Plus-Size Male Models?: I personally don't give a damn about the modeling world but it is work asking where the plus sized men are I think.

Alleged Sandusky Victim Forced Out Of School Due To Bullying: It wasn't cool when it happened to Amber Cole and the countless other sex crime victims and its not cool now. And by it I mean shaming sex crime victims.

With Boys on Girls Swim Team, NYT's Support for Gender Equity Takes a Sudden Dive: Damn shame. I thought we were all about the gender equality...

Breaking the Silence: A Practical Guide for Male Victims of Domestic Abuse: "A book for men in abusive situations as well as those who are trying to help – from friends and relatives, through to professionals."

Australia: Mother Cuts Off Father’s Access, Is Rewarded With Sole Custody: "In a decision that suggests the “shared care” law introduced by the Howard government was effectively dead, a full bench of the Family Court said “the mother would ignore any order for contact” and, as a result, it was pointless to order her to co-operate." What? So its in the "best interests of the child" to grant custody to a mom that would rather disobey a custody agreement?

For 'Akira,' If You're Asian, Forget It: Dammit. After this I think I can safely say that I want Hollywood to leave anime alone.

Utah Woman Puts Video Game-Obsessed Husband Up for Sale on Craigslist: I guess dumping him wasn't going to get her enough drama queen points so she had to ante up.



Because I was feeling a bit nostalgic.


Later!

2 comments:

Jim said...

That's a whole string of good cathces, there, Danny.

Danny said...

Thank you kindly Jim.

-->