Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Brushing to the side versus confronting?

A week or so ago I saw this rant on self worth at NSWATM. As I said over at NSWATM that rant (and let's not pretend that calling it a rant protects it from criticism) that piece felt like an attempt to make feelings of loneliness, emptiness, and worthless just go away by calling them silly and saying they don't matter.

Then I came across this at Clarissa's, a list of instructions on How to Remain Alone Forever.

Funny thing is the trigger that went off when reading that Internal Acceptance rant did not go off when I read How to Remain Alone Forever. But I think I know why.

I'm thinking that maybe the first piece seems like its telling me that desiring close contact with another person (sexual or otherwise) but not getting it isn't that big of a deal while the second piece is telling me that desiring close contact with another person (sexual or otherwise) but not getting it means I need to do something about it.

First one feels like a cop out and the second one feels like advice. I like the second one better.

2 comments:

Clarissa said...

Thank you, Danny! Your opinion always means a lot to me.

Danny said...

Happy to oblige!

-->