Tuesday, September 13, 2011

What makes Chaz Bono a man?

Simple the fact that Chaz Bono says he's a man is what makes Chaz Bono a man.

Yes it really is that simple. And do you know why its that simple? Because when it comes to being a man its all about individuality. (Yes you will marvel at the badassitude of my Circular Citation Technique.)

Recently it was announced that Bono would be on the upcoming season of Dancing with the Stars. Personally I don't care about "reality shows" (can someone tell me what's "real" about all these show?) but apparently its of some value to Chaz and despite not caring about the show I do respect his wanting to be there because there's nothing wrong with that. What I do have a problem with is that some people seem to be unable to handle the fact that a transgender man is going to be on a show about dancing and will be dancing with a woman. Yeah and it would seem that the organization One Million Moms is among them. And they also seem to have a problem with a gay man who will be dancing on the show with a woman partner.

Big. F'n. Deal.

As far as I'm concerned Chaz, like man other men, is trying to be a man in his own way. And given that he is not hurting a single soul in his pursuit I don't see why there is a need to boycott his appearance on the show.

Just let the man dance dammit.

6 comments:

Meticulous Mouser said...

I just can't understand why so many people are making a big deal about Chaz competing in this show. So what, he's transgendered. I, personally, commend him for not being ashamed of who he is and for doing what he felt was right for himself.

I've heard a lot of arguments as to why its such a bad thing for him to be on the show, and I just don't understand it. The biggest argument that I've seen, that I have the hardest time understanding, is some people are claiming it will confuse the children who watch the show. What I want to know is how is seeing a man dancing with a woman going to confuse the tots out there? Its not like they're going to introduce him as "Chaz Bono, the man who used to be a woman."
I applaud Chaz.

Clarissa said...

I couldn't agree more. He says he's a man, so who the hell are all of us to question that? And why would people want to question that?

The whole brouhaha about something like this is upsetting and annoying. A guy wants to dance, what's the big deal?

I wish people paid more attention who they vote into office, not who dances with whom at a TV show.

Danny said...

The biggest argument that I've seen, that I have the hardest time understanding, is some people are claiming it will confuse the children who watch the show. What I want to know is how is seeing a man dancing with a woman going to confuse the tots out there?
I don't get that either. Just because a person is transgender does not mean that they are not that particular gender. Its just a man dancing with a woman as far as I'm concerned.

Danny said...

Yeah its like people just can't live life with some sort of gossipy drama to dish over.

EasilyEnthused said...

I'm confused, if I'm attracted to a person with long blonde hair, breasts, no facial hair, an hourglass figure, a vagina with two functioning ovaries and he calls himself a "man" in private ... does that me bisexual?

Danny said...

I've thought about that one myself EE and what I've come up with (and this is by no means perfect) is take into account how they identify and then reconcile that with my own sexuality.

So in your example all I'm looking at is how they ID as a man and being a man myself I'd classify that as homosexual. Its a bit to think about I know...

-->