Thursday, September 22, 2011

That's it its time to move to a new commenting system

JS-Kit has been getting on nerves for the last few months. I've had comments not show up, comments show up days after posting, and I've had a few people say they cannot comment on my blog at all.

Its time to go shopping for a new commenting system.

I've got my eye on either Disqus or IntenseDebate. I've used them at other blogs before as a commentor but I've never done any serious blog administration on either of them (Ethecofem uses Disqus but April handles the bulk of that).

So have at it folks. What's your experiences with Disqus? With IntenseDebate? Care to recommend a different commenting solution?

Let me know what's up.

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

I wouldn't comment on a blog that has IntenseDebate, to be honest. I find it very annoying that this commenting system makes a collection of all my comments. They are culled out of context and look completely weird.

Disqus is a system I also dislike intensely.

Why don't you use the Blogspot's commenting system? I used it for 2 years, and it was very unproblematic. Even better than WordPress's.

Danny said...

You know I spent about five minutes actually remembering why I moved my commenting in the first place and the main answer was spam. My blog was getting hit HARD by spam comments and since I put in Echo it dropped off quite drastically.

I may just have to suck it up and go back...

EasilyEnthused said...

A few weeks ago I had a comment show up under my name that I hadn't written. It was made a few seconds after a post I DID make.

Some how it got posted using my login. I deleted it.

Danny said...

By chance do you recall the contents of the comment?

-->