Thursday, July 28, 2011

No post tonight.

Last night there was a scheduled power outage in my area so the power company could set up a new substation. I shut down my pc as one would expect. Got up this morning and my pc would not start up. Not cool.

I got home this evening and start trying different things to diagnose the issue. Open the case up reseat all the SATA cables thinking one of the devices has fried out. They were all fine so I hook everything back up and hit the power button. No dice. Knowing that the inside of case checked out I unplugged all my external devices and started adding them back one a time. Low and behold it was my external hard drive. You see while I did shut off my pc I forgot to shut off my external hard drive (which is actually an internal hard drive in a docking station, hence the shutting off).

So all I had to do was disconnect it, boot up, then plug it back in. Its scanning right now so I'm not going to do any regular posting tonight. But all should be well tomorrow night.

Now all I have to do is figure out what I'm gonna do with the 8GB (2 x 4GB) of RAM I ordered from NewEgg this morning thinking that the RAM was the issue...
-->