Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Stage 7: A Song That Reminds You Of Certain Event

Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, NC

April 15 2000.

Korn on their Sick and Twisted Tour.

Opening a concert with "Falling Away From Me". That shit was fucking ill.



Oh my god that night was awesome. I remember three things.

1. Being the big guy in a mosh pit is not as cool as it sounds. In fact its a liability because everyone goes after the big guy in a most pit.

2. The two friends I went with went to this concert knowing full well that we would have to take a 1.5hr walk back to campus (we couldn't afford a cab and the show ended after the city buses stopped for the night).

3. When you come out of a mosh pit covered in sweat remember one thing. All of that sweat is not yours. (Now think about that as spend 1.5hr walking home in it on a cool night as someone else's sweat dries into your clothes.)

But I'd do it again if I had the chance.

3 comments:

Bema said...

God, these just keep getting harder [nice story behind yours, though]

The Fray -> How to Save a Life [not a very good memory]

Marc Jones said...

Reel big fish: Beer

The event was my 20th birthday my friends threw me a surprise party that song kicked off the night it was awesome.

Danny said...

Sorry to hear this song is attached to a bad memory Bema. It seems to me that despite its name this song seems to come up in association with bad happens. I remember the first time I heard this song was on the show Scrubs (a medical comedy) and this was played at the end of an episode where a patient ultimately died.

-->