Monday, June 6, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge - Stage 6: A Song That Reminds You Of Somewhere

This goes to show how old I am I guess. Back when I missed a day of school for a doctor's appointment and my mom took me to the doctor I'd be in the waiting office and the soap opera "The Young and The Restless" would be on That doctor died years ago but when I hear "Nadia's Theme" by Henry Mancini (which was rearranged for use on that soap) it takes me back.




I see that many of you have been doing so already but let me formally invite you to chime with some of your own responses to these challenges.

5 comments:

Bema said...

This is tough. I hate to be so concrete, but "En Barranquilla Me Quedo" by Joe Arroyo would have to be my choice, seeing as I'm from just outside Barranquilla, and it's a great song.

elementary_watson said...

Not a song, but Sibelius' En Saga reminds of Iceland; it was playing on the flights programme, and seemed fitting for the destination, so, it is Icelandic to me.

Marc Jones said...

Song that reminds me of somewhere was Every time I Die: I Been gone Along Time

For when I saw them live at the Manchester Academy most amazing gig I've ever been to. People cannonballing into the crowd pints of beer flying everywhere It just didn't let up.

womanistmusings said...

I remember very clearly the first summer after I moved away from home. I constantly played it ain't over till it's over by Lenny Kravitz as I strolled around downtown Toronto. Every time I hear that song, not only does it take me back to those days, it reminds of a time when I was fearless because I had so much ahead of me.

Danny said...

mmmmm.....Lenny.

-->