Monday, May 23, 2011

Weekly Menu May 16

I actually made this for my lunch last week but due to my hectic schedule and losing two nights of posting to net outage (::shakes fist at Century Link::) I wasn't able to get it up. I modified it from a recipe that I found over at Crockpot365. Here goes.

Lime Ginger Chicken

3 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breast - cut into chunks

4 tblsp of minced garlic

1/4 c brown sugar

About 3 tblsp of fresh ginger (at the time I was shopping I was able to get a small piece of fresh root cheaper than the ground) - chopped as finely as you can

5 tablespoons soy sauce

1/4 c lime juice

Two heads of fresh broccoli - flowers cut off and rinsed

1 orange bell pepper - cut into thin strips


Okay what you want to do is mix up the garlic, brown sugar, ginger, soy sauce and lime juice in the bottom of the crock pot. Next add in the chicken and stir it up to coat the chicken. Cook it on low for about 4 hours, making sure to stir it up so the chicken doesn't stick or burn around the edges of the pot. Also you can take the time while its cooking to prep the broccoli and pepper. The reason you hold them back and let the chicken cook first is so that by the time you add them in the chicken is already done meaning that the broccoli and pepper won't get soggy and wilt, which would happen if you added them in sooner.

I put this over noodles but my dad ate it straight up.

This was good stuff and made about 8 servings for us.

Enjoy!
-->