Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekly Mashup Stage 51

Can you hear me now?

I'm sure you noticed that I haven't posted in a few days but honestly it was a matter of bad timing. I was busy on Wednesday and didn't post, I was going to on Thursday but The Great Blogger Blackout was still on, I was too worn out on Friday, and was too busy yesterday. So here we are.

A cheaper Amazon Kindle—ads included: Call me greedy but I think that $25 off a Kindle in exchange for having ads broadcast on it is a pretty shitty deal. It just seems to me that in the long run you are giving up more than $25 when you've got ads running in you screensavers and on the bottom of your homescreen.

Anthony Graves: Wrongfully Imprisoned, Now Target of Texas AG for Child Support: "So yes the State of Texas put Anthony Graves in prison for a crime it knew at the time he didn’t commit. And yes, it now owes him a nice chunk of change because it did so. And yes, Graves owes child support solely because he was in prison for a crime he didn’t commit.

And tough guy Gregg Abbott’s only response to the whole sorry affair is to garnish the man’s paycheck for a debt he should never have have accrued in the first place." But let me guess Graves is just another deadbeat that wants to get out of his responsibilities right?


DEPUTIES: Skipping School Teen Makes Up Armed Kidnapping: Damn shame what kids will do these days.

How-To: Make a Daft Punk Helmet: Ever want your own Daft Punk helmet?

Sororities announce new policy: Notice how those sororities are absolutely ignoring the fact that that man didn't just attack that women unprovoked. I agree that he went too far by responding with a push and a thrown bottle but let's not act like he just walked up to her and did this on his own. However speaking of going too far I wonder why she threw the drink at him in the first place. Its all empowering and shit to say that that she's the victim because went to far and then say some hip shit like full stop. But for all we know she may have made the unnecessary escalation first. If the guy made a rude comment and she responded with a drink to the face then who is the one that really went too far?

Flashbang Bra Holster: Okay I'll say that I don't wear bras but that just doesn't seem to right to me. And I also think that the size and shape of a person's bust could hamper how easily they could get to it and fire. What say you bra wearers?

Eliminate Muffin-Tops With This Horrible Underthing: ???

New Rule: When you call yourself trying to run, "...a bar for everyone." you can't have a $17 difference in cover charges for men and women (guess which one is higher) because you, "[I] want it to be a place where women can go, have a drink and dance and feel safe that drunks aren't going to be fighting all around them."

Syfy Developing 'Warehouse 13' Spin-Off: I used to be weary of spin offs but NCIS:LA has mostly cured me of that. And now it looks like there might be a Warehouse 13 spin-off. Don't go to the link if you don't want major spoilers about the show.


Brought to you by Monica.


Alright people hold it down.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Hi Danny,

I think the fraternities in darthmouth should implement the same policy and demand that the sorority apropriately deals with the perpetrator. Throwing a drink into someones face is an assault after all.

Danny said...

(Tim I'm not sure how or why your comment disappeared but here it is in all its original glory. Sorry about it getting eaten.)


Hi Danny,

I think the fraternities in darthmouth should implement the same policy and demand that the sorority apropriately deals with the perpetrator. Throwing a drink into someones face is an assault after all.

Danny said...

That's what I find odd here Tim. These sororities are circling the tanks and going on and on about violence against women on college campuses when unlike the vast majority of those attacks that woman started. She quite literally brought that thrown bottle and push on herself. No I'm not saying that he should not be punished for his violent reaction I'm saying the fact that she started it should not get swept under the rug in order to make it a rallying call for the cause.

Paul said...

Gee... how nice that women are still able to employ the Lysistrata Gambit.

Danny said...

Which is interesting since a lot of women's advocates (you know who I'm talking about) swear by all that is holy that women don't do that kind of stuff and its unfair to them (and by them I mean women of course) to think they do.

-->