Saturday, May 7, 2011

Don't mind me I'm just looking at the moon

So Mother's Day is coming up tomorrow. What a day indeed. A time set aside for letting your mother know that you care. I'm not gonna bother with the whole "you should care all the time" shtick. Just let her know you love her. Yeah she's a parent and probably wouldn't hold it against you if you never came out and said the words or made the gestures (parents are good like that). But never mind that and let her know anyway. Why should you?

Because you never know when your last chance to tell her will happen.

I really can't think of the last time I told my mom that. And now this day won't mean much to me for a very long time, if ever again. Maybe that makes me a cautionary tale. Unless there's a chance in the afterlife I'll never get to correct that. Don't make that same mistake. In the meantime I'll just be looking at the moon, thinking of a dance I'll never dance. Take it easy.

-->