Sunday, April 3, 2011

Weekly Menu April 3

This is my first Weekly Menu for a good while because I haven't been cooking anything remarkable. Well that has changed.

The Ultimate Stir Fry!!!!!!! (Yes you must put that much exclamation on it when you say. And imagine a volcano going off, waves crashing against a rock, or a giant explosion going off behind you when you say it.)

This is one I'm been thinking about for a while and just needed to get the ingredients together. My point behind this was to make a stir fry so full of veggies and meat that I would not need any rice or noodles.

1 lb. of Sugar Snap Peas (rinsed)

1 lb. of Bean Sprouts (rinsed)

1 Yellow Bell Pepper (rinsed and cut into thin slices)

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (washed and cut into small pieces)

1 package of stir fry cut beef (its actually called "Stir Fry Beef" and will already be cut into long strips for you, the strips were about 7in. long. so I cut each one into quarters).

1 lb. of shrimp (peeled and cut into small pieces)

When I do stir fry I almost always cook my ingredients one at a time. I think it helps with keeping the different flavors separate so that when you eat it it doesn't all taste the same. The plan is to make two servings to take to work for lunch and just dump the rest into a large bowl (to be eaten later during the week).

I fried up each veggie in oil and a different seasoning (soy sauce with the snap peas, ground ginger in the bean sprouts, and black pepper in the yellow pepper), put a serving in each container and dumping the rest in my bowl for later. The thing to keep in mind here is that you want to cook them just long enough to heat them up good so they stay crunchy. If you cook them too long they get soggy.

Next I cooked each meat, also in oil and a seasoning (ground ginger and garlic in the chicken, orange honey glaze in the beef, and black pepper and garlic in the shrimp).

I haven't eaten any of it yet but damn it smelled great.

Later!

2 comments:

Sonja said...

I always add carrot, celery and have two different 'bell pepper's (we call it capsicum). Sometimes I'll add green beans.

Stir fry's are awesome :)

Danny said...

Yes they are Sonja. Yes they are.

-->