Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weekly Menu April 18

So I came across this interesting burrito recipe (I love the name "SHEENA’S BREAKFAST BURRITO", I wish I didn't make naming things so complicated...). Sounds good right? I decided to try it out. But I didn't do it just like she did.

Meatless Breakfast Wrap

1/2 package of frozen spinach

1 package of sliced mushrooms (not the ones in the can but the fresh ones in the produce section)

1 package of Morning Star vegetarian sausage links

4 slices of cheese (I used vegetarian cheese product)

4 eggs

4 Whole Wheat Wraps

Fry up the mushrooms in a skillet. Use just a bit of oil and put the cover on your skillet. What will happen is the mushrooms will steam by way of the water that will release from them during cooking. Once your mushrooms are the doneness you like just dump the frozen spinach. The goal here is that the water from the mushrooms will be enough to keep the spinach from sticking. You want to warm cook them enough to get the water out of them (there will be shrinkage). Once you have it done do your best to drain, squeeze, shake or whatever you can to get as much of the water out of it as you can. In fact I had you do the spinach and mushrooms first so that they have time to drain while you cook the other stuff. Water in the spinach will make the wrap soggy.

Prepare the sausage links as directed on the package and set aside.

Cook your eggs. I just scrambled them together into one big omelette and cut it into four pieces.

Okay I suck at putting wraps together so unfortunately you're kinda on your own with that.

All I can say is that while my don't look too good they are off the damn chain.

Enjoy!

Thanks for the idea Sheena!
-->