Sunday, April 17, 2011

From Soy Milk to Browncoats

(A browncoat is the term applied to a fan of the tv series Firefly.)

I'm lactose intolerant so I've come to love soy milk, particularly Silk Soy brand (Lite Vanilla for the win). While waiting on someone to look for some of the Very Vanilla (for my dad) I see this woman while past me wearing a tshirt about something called Browncoats: Redemption. What's that you ask? I didn't know so I stopped her as asked.

It turns out that a group of fans got together to produce their own fan film buy the name Browncoats: Redemption. She also told me about how the project (that she has a bit role in it (pause the trailer at about :24 and notice the woman behind the man at the podium) raised funds for several charities.

One more thing. The woman I spoke mentioned that copies of the movie would only be on sale for one year, which started last year. Meaning that if you are interested in buying (it was shot in HD so there is DVD and Blu Ray formats to choose from) it do it before this coming September.

Without further ado the trailer for Browncoats: Redemption.

Browncoats: Redemption Final Trailer from browncoatsmovie on Vimeo.

2 comments:

April said...

That's awesome.

And, about the soy milk, I love it, too. I stopped drinking milk a few years ago when I found out how much cow puss is in cow milk. ICK. I love Silk's chocolate version, too. The vanilla works surprisingly well with instant mashed potatoes, too...

Danny said...

Cow puss? How in the hell does that happen?

What actually got me away from cow milk was going to college. The the only real place I had access to milk for 4 years was in the cafeteria and other than the odd bowl of cereal I didn't drink it. After I left college and tried to drink it again it wrecked serious havoc on my stomach. So now I even though I love soy milk I can still handle cow milk to an extent (like a bowl of ice cream or something like that).

One of these days I plan on trying Silk's Very Vanilla in a cake recipe.

-->