Monday, February 21, 2011

Weekly Menu Feb. 14

This is actually one I did last week and never posted.

Chicken and Brocooli Rotini Bowl


Whole Wheat Rotini noodles

Two heads of fresh Broccoli

Two cans of whole button mushrooms (I used two cans because each can was only 4oz each)

4 Cubed Chicken Breasts

1 Jar of Alfredo Sauce

This is going to make four servings with a bit of noodle/broccoli/mushroom/sauce mix left on the side.

Cook the rotini by the basic boiling directions that are on the box. I used about 3/4 of the box, which turned out to be a bit too much. Once they are done you can go ahead and put some on your serving plate.

Wash and cook the breasts (I pan fried mine in oil and spiced it with ginger, black pepper, and a bit of sea salt) and put them on your serving plate.

Fry up the mushrooms with the same oil and seasoning as the chicken (in fact I didn't even wash the skillet between the cookings). Put on serving plate.

You can even still do the same with the broccoli. However unlike the other ingredients you aren't so much frying it as just steaming it enough to bring out its color. Don't leave it on too long or it will get mushy. Crunchy broccoli is good broccoli. Put on serving plate.

In your skillet heat up your alfredo sauce. I added some cayenne pepper and garlic powder to mine. Pour over the ingredients on the serving plate.

You may be asking why I'm saying serving plate when the recipe has bowl in the name. Well that's because when I made this I was making my lunch for the week (Mon. - Thurs., I always have a burger from a local restaurant on Fri.) and hence put them containers. Well Chickent and Broccoli Rotini Container doesn't sound right so I changed it to bowl. There you have it.

Enjoy!
-->