Thursday, February 24, 2011

So about this Nook...

I fucking love it. The idea of being able to buy and read books in the (literal, I have large hands) palm of your hand is just great. The idea of the ebook reader is just great. I can sit in my bed and read while not having to hold a paper book open (which is surprisingly difficult with large hands so I don't know how people with normal sized hands do it). And to make it cooler it has an built in music player so I no longer have to play music from my pc. I'm really enjoying it. Next step is to accessorize it with a cover and light. I've already knocked out three short stories (they are listed as books but the length pretty much shows they are short stories).

Do you have an ebook reader and if so which one?

PS - The most interesting thing I've read so far? "The Princess and The Penis". Its a blend of The Princess and the Pea and the generic "person turned into ____ by a spell and can only be freed by a kiss" (and guess what the person is turned into). Funny and pretty thought provoking. And its free.

Edit: Just in case you shopping for an ebook reader I've got two links to share:
LCD vs. e-ink: The eyestrain debate: On the difference between LCD and e-ink screens (the original Nook that I have use e-ink vs the Nook Color that uses LCD).

Kindle vs. Nook vs. iPad: Which e-book reader should you buy?: A face off between the major ebook readers.
-->