Saturday, January 29, 2011

Weekly Mashup Stage 36

Show me whacha' working wit!

Ask Dad: I Want My Man to Get Circumcised:"I'm very much in love with a new man. I think he's the one. Marriage material. There's just one little problem. He's uncut, and I hate to say it, but it really grosses me out. I want him to get circumcised, but how could I possibly ask?" I REALLY hope this is a satire site or an intentional overblowing of the situation to show how outrageous it is.

Chromatic Casting: Remixing The Dark Knight Rises: A few different ideas on casting the various character in the Batman scene.

Negative Externalities: Parenting Fail?

Man Stroke Woman.. LOL

Kids are all right with just mom: Of course such evidence doesn't get interpreted as trying to kick dads into shape and get them into their kids lives. Nah this data means that dads are useless parents. Nice.

Woman Runs Down Cousin Over Denied Facebook Friend Request: Damn. Its really not that serious.

Transatlantic tug-of-love boy, 12, gets to tell court he wants to live with father and brother in U.S.: You know I wonder how this would go down if it were a case of a 12 year old boy wanting to go back to him mom. That dad would probably be treated like an international kidnapper already.

Spike Lee has no Oscar: Is the film director pointing out a race issue that persists after so long or is he crying sour grapes over the fact that after all these years there still isn't one in his trophy case?

Men should concentrate on playing with their children and leave the care to women: I don't know James Dennis but I think his comment pretty much sums up what I think of that article:
"What utter nonsense.

Why is a study that concludes that women would be better off if they just stayed at home and did the housework never published? Because it would be denounced as sexist rubbish.

As is this."


The Inspiration for Lady Gaga's New Perfume: Blood and Semen: Okay I'm all for freedom of expression and I'm not saying she shouldn't release such a scent. On the other hand I'm very familiar with the smells of blood and semen. The smell of blood isn't that bad (in fact I kinda like it....). There really isn't that much of a smell to semen (in fact I think an odor in semen can be indicative of either odd/bad diet or a medical issue). I just hope she isn't talking about dried semen, that stuff can stink pretty bad. In the end though I think this is just an attention grab to get people talking. Well I think it worked.

Featured Comment: Who Gets to Define Racism? The Victim or the Perpetrator?: I'd expand that question to "The Victim, The Perpetrator, or a Third Party that's interjected itself into the equation?"

So why is it all right for women to be sexist about MEN?: With Andy Gray and Richard Keys coming under much deserved scrutiny I think its very worth asking why a lot of women get such a free pass on sexist attitudes and remarks towards men. I don't agree with everything the guy says in that article but he makes a good point on that though.

Battered wife's compensation cut because she is 'used to violence': This is a big problem. Victims of crimes should not be left out in the cold at all much less be told that the fact that they are 'used to violence' that was reaped upon them by someone else is proof enough to reduce benefits. (And also a special shoutout to the people that think the Daily Mail only exists when its posting things of an anti-woman slant).

What TV and Movies Get Wrong About Sex: Even as a virgin I find this to be pretty f'n funny. (I must find it funny because I've seen these scenarios happen so much on tv.)

North Carolina Dad Fights Son’s Adoption and Wins: Its good to know that Roberto Alvarez was able to earn his rights to be with his child. I mean so what if the mom tried to, hide the child from him so she could put it up for adoption, lost that bid, then went for and got primary custody, and that she pretty much had to be proven to not be the primary caretaker for the child in order for him to get custody?

Fatherless Boys Three Times More Suicidal: "'Researchers from the University of Toronto studied 6,647 adults, including almost 700 who had been under the age of 18 when their parents divorced and found men from divorced families were three times more likely to have seriously considered suicide than adult males whose parents had not divorced."

Cures For Paralysis, Diabetes And Blindness Hindered By Patents: "Thankfully, more and more people are recognizing this issue. Scientists working on things involving embryonic stem cell research are complaining that patents are massively hindering their ability to advance their research, and it may be holding back cures for paralysis, diabetes and blindness, among other things.">


Courtesy of Got Cheeks?.


I think I'm going on a bit of a gender hiatus (I'll explain that in a bit). But more than likely I'll still continue on with the non gendered stuff. Take it easy.
-->