Sunday, January 9, 2011

Weekly Mashup Stage 33

Its on again.

I've decided that I'm going to buy an ebook reader in the next few months so the research is on. Here's an article about the difference between LCD and E-Ink readers and an article that sizes up the major ebook readers in a face off of features. After talking to Nook owner and Kindle owner this weekend and looking at their respective sites I am pretty firmly set in the Nook camp. Feel free to throw in your own two cents though.

B of A Eliminates Free Checking for Lower-Income Customers: Its becoming more and more apparent what America B of A is trying to be the bank of.

Arguing Over The Copyright In Schindler's List -- The Actual List, Not The Movie: "The movie Schindler's List famously covers the story of Oskar Schindler, who saved over 1,000 Jews during the Holocaust by creating his "list" of essential workers, which kept them from being sent to their deaths. Now that the list itself is famous, apparently there's a bit of a legal fight over the copyright on the actual list (found via THREsq)." Damn shame that something as historic as this list has been drug into the outrageousness of copyright battles.

Is Social Media Changing Manhood?: "What impact is the digitization of all media and the creation of powerful social networks having on the role of gender in our society? Specifically, is there some wrong-headed vision of manhood that is being annihilated? Are we moving past gender in the social media or is a truer picture of men emerging? And, finally, what of the growing evidence that women, like in education, are showing signs of dominating the new medium?"

Worlds Most Stylish Otaku Room?: I REALLY want to live in this room.

Editing Out Violent Masculinity: A post from a relatively new (or at least I think it is) from a site meant to reclaim masculinity. (Personally I get the feeling that I won't be welcome over there for too long but that doesn't mean that you shouldn't check it out.)

More pretty pictures: (But fair warning the text is in Russian.)

Man Up Campaign: While I can get down with what they are trying to do am I the only person who has a problem with a group taking a phrase that strike MANY chords with men today in MANY different ways and pretending it can be reclaimed by only focusing a single chord? I'm sure its a good project but its going to take a whole hell of a lot more wrong with that phrase than violence against women.

James Franco: 'Maybe I'm gay': I just want to say that I love his attitude there.

What was that someone said about Rethinking the Hague Convention?


Well I guess if they let it go on "Teen Mom"...



Take it easy!
-->