Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pepsi Refrseh Project

(EDIT: Just like last time I've altered the date on this post so that it sits at the top of the main page for the rest of month. Vote early and vote often!)

The Pepsi Refresh Project is back again and the Domestic Abuse Helpline for Men and Women could use your votes to put that $50,000 grant to good use:


Goals

* To raise awareness about the 834,000 male victims of dv annually
* To educate and empower victims and others with our publications
* To offer concrete help and support to male victims

How will the 50K be Used?

$ 25,000 Printing of approx. 30,000 posters, booklets, & brochures

$ 5,000 Purchase of 2500 large envelopes and postage

$ 2,500 Stipends for volunteers

$ 16,000 Funds for victim services- more public awareness=more helpline callers

$ 1,500 misc.office expenses


These folks could really use your vote, your family's votes, your friends votes, and any other votes that come their way.

2 comments:

DaisyDeadhead said...

Danny! Off topic, but wanted to make sure you saw this.

Did you see my comment over at Feminist Critics about the movie "SUMMER OF 42"? I'd be very interested to hear your criticisms and comments about it. Me and Mr Daisy have talked/argued about the movie for eons, and I'd love to hear a young male virgin's perspective in these modern times (its about 1942, of course, but has a 70s sensibility.) In some ways, it "crosses a line" and I think that's why it doesn't get played on TV the way it used to. i.e. "underage boys and slightly older women" were not considered immoral or shocking back then... this was by the same guy who wrote THE WALTONS, family entertainment!

Check it out if you get a chance, and I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Danny said...

Hi Daisy sorry for taking so long to replay I've been getting ready for my vacation and hadn't looked at my moderation.

I looked at this comment earlier this morning and pulled down a torrent of the movie you're talking about and IF I get some free time next week I'll watch it and let you know.

-->