Monday, November 8, 2010

I should be used ot it....

Don't you just love it when people who (presumably) aren't part of a certain group still decide they are fit to speak on that certain group and will often at the same time go to war if someone does it to them? Yeah just as men do that to women there seems to be women who are more than willing to do that to men.

Otherwise, cisgendered males do not, cannot, and will not ever experience sexism.
I don't know about you folks but I get the feeling that Angel H. here doesn't understand men, and a large part of society, as well as they have already decided they do. This is why I tend to limit the company I keep when it comes this whole gender rights discussion thing.

So let's see:

The specific gender based problems male rape victims go through?: No that's not sexism because this Angel H. person said so.

That whole fat hatred thing?: Apparently when it happens to women its fat hatred and sexism but when it happens to men its only fat hated because despite what I've said here in the past it turns out all of those comments were strictly about my fat and nothing about my gender.

The way men are treated by society when it comes to children?: Has absolutely nothing to do with their gender. Even though somehow men are treated unfairly in different ways than women but rest assured when it happens to women its sexism.

I'm not even going to try to put this (or this on Renee because these are commenters and not her. But damn with comments like that...

Okay now that that is out back to my vacation.

4 comments:

elementary_watson said...

Funny coincidence: Just before I read this I read on a German feminist site about a conference about sexism on the internet, with the definition used only recognizing sexism that is directed against women. One male commenter asked if it wasn't sexism when directed against men; one of the bloggers started the whole "power imbalance - historical discrimination - analogous to racism" routine, while the poster of the post admitted that a gender neutral definition should be better.

elementary_watson said...

Okay, double-posting: *Another* of the bloggers replied to the blogger using the "power imbalance" stuff: But men aren't privileged as such. Men are not a homogeneous group holding all the power in their hand. Not anymore."

I'm impressed, but I think I stop reading that thread before someone complains about derailing and making it all about teh menz ...

Danny said...

Oh my goodness could you give a link? With such a sexist definition of sexism (see what I did there?) I highly doubt I'd be welcome at that site as a commenter. but it might have something worth reading anyway.

Danny said...

Ah a link...in German. I'll have to translate.

-->