Saturday, August 14, 2010

Aftermath

Well now that that's over and I've had the night to sleep it off I kinda find myself wondering.

One of the reasons I set up shop here was because I wanted to share my ideas and tell my stories in hopes of getting along with and working with other people. I've been able to pull off the first two just fine but I've had a pretty hard time with the third one.

And from what happened yesterday I think there are two forces at work keeping me from that third objective.

First I really don't like it when people try to tell me what my life is. As far as I can tell no one likes have their own experiences and lives dismissed so its not like this feeling is unique to me.

Second I haven't gotten the hang of picking my battles. Despite the fact that the issues we may fight over will need to be dealt with one day sometimes you just have to let some things go. That's always been a tough thing for me. Yes I know some of those folks in that thread went all out for not reason and went off the deep end for no reason. But I think now I would have been better off not wasting my time giving their ranting any attention.

I'll continue to blog. I'll continue to tell my stories and experiences. But I just have to make the resolve to not waste my time on people who think they theories are iron clad just because they've been around for a long time.
-->