Sunday, June 20, 2010

Its not all sunshine and rainbows

While this is about Father's Day I decided to keep it separate because frankly this days is not all sunshine and rainbows for for many fathers out there.

There are fathers out there who despite doing everything they thought was right aren't able to celebrate this day with the very people who made them fathers. There are fathers out there who, just like the children they are separated from, are victims of many destructive forces that take pleasure and profit from breaking the father/child bond. There are fathers out there who are fathers and will never know it. There are fathers out there who are fathers but will never get to meet the people who granted them that very title. There are fathers out there who have been literally cheated out of the joy of being fathers to their children by laws that not only turn a blind eye but at times even supported such immoral tactics.

To all the dads out there who are not able to engage in the highs and lows of being a father I just want to take this time to acknowledge your pain say that I'm sorry. I know those two words and the feelings behind them won't get you back into your children's lives but its all I have to offer in a world that doesn't acknowledge your sorrow.

2 comments:

Adriana Joanna said...

Thanks so much for writing this. I am very lucky that my mother didn't try to keep me away from my father, but when we were together, she an her friends would say really awful, hateful things about my father. It hurt me more than I can say, and their (insulting) comeback was, "Well, it's how own fault."

The man made a lot of serious mistakes, but he's done with them now. Between holding a grudge and holding a dad, I would much eather hold my dad.

Danny said...

Sorry for not replying sooner Adrianna. I appreciate the thanks.

Yeah I think that times like this need to be used not only to call attention to the dads that are there with their children but also to call attention to the ones that are trying to be there are being actively prevented from doing so.

-->