Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Get It By Your Hands, Fly Up In The Air, and Get To Burning!

Its the end of the month you know what time it is. Well I almost forgot what time it is because I thought there were 31 days in June until actually looked at a calendar. I know right?

For the last month or two I've been really getting back into anime. One I'm way behind on what's out there these days and two I want to be at least somewhat ready in case I do get to take the voyage to Baltimore for Otakon at the end of July. I've re-watched Martian Successor Nadesico and Vandread with plan future plans to re-watch Rose of Versailles, Area 88, and much, much more (so if you have an inner otaku it is more than welcome to drop in and chat). But in the meantime I'm watching something that I've been wanting to see for a long time, Ranma 1/2. I'll get back to that someday because this is about song title links.


Get It By Your Hands - Eurka 7 OST
If I ever get my hands on a giant robot this is the first song I'm playing if I ever have to fight in said giant robot (but really if you get your hands on a giant robot what else is there to do with it other than fight?). This is from an anime called Eureka 7. The main character Renton Thurston is a teenage boy trying to find his place in the world. Well his place in the world kinda finds him in the form of a young girl crashing her giant robot into his home. Teen angst, sibling rivalry, messages that children are the future, and saving the world ensue. But doesn't this song kick ass?


Fly Up In The Air - Macross Plus OST
Ah Macross Plus. A classic. Giant robots, two former friends at each other's throats (and over more than a woman), great music, a futuristic transforming fighter (and where I totally think the makers of that Stealth movie with Jamie Foxx got their idea from), and an Artificial Intelligence named Sharon Apple who is a pop idol. What more is there?


You Get To Burning - Martian Successor Nadesico
If you recall I actually talked about Nadesico a few weeks ago. This track is the opening theme for the show. Invigorating right?

That's all for now folks.
-->