Monday, May 31, 2010

The Wind is Calling me Back to Sleep, dreaming the June Mermaid.

I have an ear infection but that is no reason to put tradition on hold so let's get to it.

One of my favorite games for the Playstation is an RPG called Xenogears. Giant robots. Long engaging story. Awkward twists of plot. Awesome game. Even the sound track is great, which brings us to this post.


The Wind is Calling
This is the music used for a city you visit during the game called Shevat. It is an ancient city up in the shy and this theme is wonderful.



Back To Sleep
This is the little tune played when you sleep at an inn (to restore HP/MP).



June Mermaid
I haven't played the game in a while so even though I remember and love this song I can't recall exactly when it comes up in the game.


Well I'm off to finish final combat with this ear infection. Take it easy.

2 comments:

Toysoldier said...

Xenogears is one of my favorite videogames as well. I thought what happened on the second disk was rather tragic. The production team cut out several segments and replaced them with text instead. I would have liked to play those portions. My favorite song was the ending theme song. I know both the English and Japanese versions. A few years after the game came out Yasunori Mitsuda released an album called CREID where he had a full band playing several of the songs.

Danny said...

Yes and CREID is a nice album. I managed to....eh....acquire it a few years ago.

-->