Monday, May 17, 2010

The violence wasn't even necessary

In my efforts to catch up on the blogging I've missed in the last few days I nearly forgot this from LorMarie.



So according to the girls the recorded the video one girl was trying to show another some dance moves while another recorded and during the lesson the boy in question started to mock them. Well apparently teacher Sherry Davis didn't like it so she proceeded to attack him.

Okay you can say what you want but I dare you to do two things:

1. Explain how a violent reaction to a kid mocking another's dance moves (and as far as I can tell the girls hadn't so much as complained about the boy mocking them) is justified.

2. Explain how if this were a male teacher and female student it would not have been all over the media by now. In fact LorMarie's spot is the only place I've seen this mentioned.

2 comments:

womanistmusings said...

You're kidding right? THis was on CNN and a few other mainstream media outlets. It didn't take long for this take off and many people openly called it out as wrong. There was no defense of the teacher offered in any of the coverage that I saw about this incident whatsoever.

Danny said...

No I'm actually serious. In my usual web surfing on Friday I saw no mention of this.

-->