Monday, April 12, 2010

Workspaces

When you have ideas you want to talk to other people with but just can't seem to find the right people to talk to what does one do? In my almost two years of blogging I've yet to find any one group that I could actually take on the label of and say, "I'm a _____". Kind of sad if you think about it.

I mean on one hand I have values, morals, ideas, and beliefs that are a part of my being and I should not be expected to abandon them in order to fit in with a group. On the other it makes one look like they are a stubborn uncompromising jerk to stick to their guns to the point of being left alone.

Is there a group that I could align myself with that I could agree with on at least major points but still be able to disagree with others in a manner that doesn't lead to ousting and alienation?

Thing is I find it hard to believe that my thoughts aren't in line with any activist group enough for me to actually take on a title and work with them.

Maybe I'm just suffering from a fear of rejection. I've tried working with two camps (feminists and MRAs) and while one was worse than the other neither really worked out well and that is why I don't work with either of them in any major capacity. I mean yeah I agree with them on things but the disagreements are big enough that they turn me away from them.

I'd like to have other to talk to on a regular bases about the things that are on my mind. There are things that system does that do a lot of harm to men and I'd like to flesh them out and ultimately find ways to correct them. There are things that system does that do a lot of harm to black people and I'd like to flesh them out and ultimately find ways to correct them. There are things that system does that do a lot of harm to those fat people and I'd like to flesh them out and ultimately find ways to correct them. There are things that system does that do a lot of harm to people of questionable sexuality (I could really use help with that one) and I'd like to flesh them out and ultimately find ways to correct them. There are things that system does that do a lot of harm to groups that I don't fall into and I'd like to flesh them out and ultimately find ways to correct them. Maybe I'll find such a place that has other people in it but until then you can find me here.
-->