Monday, April 5, 2010

Weekly Mashup Stage 4

Okay like I said I've been out of it but alas time and space still march on. I've been reading a lot interesting things and have wanted to post on them but never got to it. So when all else fails I bring out my trusty buddy the Weekly Mashup.

Toy Soldier and Cara take a swing at a recent ad by the National Center for Domestic Violence trying to raise awareness of violence against men.

Today’s Headline: “DV industry leaders apologize for decades of bias, discrimination, and corruption; invite men to join as equal partners in the effort to curb domestic violence.” Damn shame that this can even pass for an April Fool's Day joke headline.

Four pretty horrible stories from KTLA:
5 Arrested in Gang Rape of 7-Year-Old Sold for Sex by Her Sister
Facebook Fueled 'Rager' Party Caused $45,000 in Damage
Teenage Babysitter Confesses to Savagely Beating Toddler, police say
Police Use Stun Gun on 10-year-old Boy at Daycare

Feds found Pfizer too big to nail: Are big pharma companies really so large that their benefits to society give them a get out of jail free card?

China Mine Flood: Dozens Rescued After 179 Hours In Flooded Chinese Mine: Definitely good news that those men were saved but such a terrible fate the men that weren't saved. (Side note: Ever noticed that when massive amounts of men are killed attention is almost never called to the fact that they were men?)

Okay that's all for now. I just got my new DSi in the mail today and its time to get my game on!!!
-->