Sunday, March 14, 2010

Weekly Menu March 14

As I've said before I can't stand the standard method of chicken salad with the pickles and onions and crap. So I came up with my own mix. I've done it before but here we go again...this time with eggs!

Spicy Chicken Salad

Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast

Cashews in Sea Salt (I make a big deal about the sea salt because I'm starting to get to the point where I not only prefer sea salt over standard table salt but I can tell the difference when its cooked into something).

Horseradish Sauce

Kraft Miracle Whip

Celery Seed

Crushed Red Pepper

3 Boiled Eggs

Start boiling the water for your eggs. Once its boiling drop the eggs in and let them go while preparing the other stuff. Clean the chicken and cut it into chunks. Pan fry it in olive oil and season to your liking (I used sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and Ginger). Next I used the Slap Chop (that thing rocks) to chop up the chicken and placed it in a large mixing bowl. Next I chopped up the cashews with the Slap Chop and put them in the bowl with the chicken. By now the eggs should be boiled long enough (let them boil for at least 15 minutes). Peel the shell off and chop them up (but I used a knife instead of the slap chop cuz I think the egg would stick to the blades). Add to the mixing bowl.

Put in your crushed red pepper and celery seed. You want to add in the miracle whip and horseradish sauce at a 50/50 mix until you get it to your desired consistency. Now as a big fan of sweet and spicy miracle whip's sweet and horseradish sauce's spicy are a good mix.

This will taste good at work this week.
-->