Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekly Menu February 8-12

I tried my hand at chili again.

1 lb. of 80/20 lean ground beef

1 lb. of ground turkey

1 can of black beans

1 can of dark red kidney beans

1/4 of a large red onion

3 tomatoes (you know the ones that are small and kinda shaped like ovals)

1 can tomato paste

1 can tomato sauce

46oz can of V8 (you aren't gonna use the whole thing, maybe half of itA)


Pretty simple. Brown the meats (since they are gonna mix you may as well brown them together). While they are browning mix tomato paste, tomato sauce, and both beans in the crockpot. Chop the tomatoes and add them. When the meat finishes mix it into the pot. Chop the onion and fry it in oil in the pan you browned the meat in then add it to the pot. Now that you have all the main ingredients in the crockpot and have seen the consistency add in enough V8 to get it to soup consistency (or at least how you like your soup). Season with Crushed Red Pepper, Garlic Powder, and Italian Seasoning (or whatever you like). Turn on the crock pot and let it go for about 5 hours and you're golden.

One ingredient I forgot was some sort of hot pepper, a Jalepeno. The reason I didn't put one in was because I they aren't sold in my area and the last time I was out of town I forgot to pick one up. Maybe next time.

Enjoy!!
-->