Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The fine art of book twisting

Okay this is going to take a bit of explanation so bear with me. As the title says I twist books. Oh you probably do it to and just call it something simple like reading multiple books at once but since I am one of many people that have OtaGamer Syndrome (I'll get back to that one in another post) I just occasionally relate what is a simple thing to complicated name. Here goes.

In the world of MMORPGs (that's Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) most have a character type that has the ability to buff other players. To buff is to give a temporary boost in some stat or ability such as strength, speed, or life points with emphasis on temporary. Well in some games people who play such characters have the ability to cast one buff (A) and while A is active cast a second (B) before A runs out. The goal is to constantly cast A and B (and sometimes C, D, E, ect...)in such a way that they are both active at the same time and thus players get the benefit of both buffs at the same time.

Well that is what I mean by book twisting. Currently I am twisting Twilight, Percy Jackson and The Olympians: The Lightning Thief, Batman: Arkum Asylum, Introduction to Reiki, and Watchmen. Yes that is a lot of input to sink into at once but thankfully they are different enough that I don't cross them up. Although I would like to see what would happen if Batman had the powers of an Olympian and we up against Edward who is a practitioner of the healing arts all set in an alternate 1985 where Nixon served multiple terms as president.

So are you twisting any books?
-->