Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And to think it shares a name with a children's story

So I'm just getting my random blog reading on when I come across this at The Movie Blog.

It seems that Emily Browning (from the film Uninvited) is going to be taking on the role of Sleeping Beauty but make no mistake that this will NOT be a movie for children. Don't believe me?(via Screen Junkies):
She's just signed on for The Perfect Woman Sleeping Beauty, an erotic thriller about "a student who drifts into prostitution and finds her niche as a woman who sleeps, drugged while men do to her what she can‘t remember the next morning."(emphasis by me)
Okay I'm pretty sure that you (as you the person reading this right now) and I agree that this is a problem.

Okay you can argue that there are probably some sort of guidelines in place setting the limits of what is okay and not okay. The flaw of this logic is pretty obvious. Don't think? Check this out.

Let's say that you are a prostitute and you and your client agree to you being drugged while they do certain things. Well those certain things are defined and laid out as well as things that are not allowed. After coming to an agreement on those items you are drugged and go unconscious. Okay what's to stop them from doing some of the very things you told them they are not allowed to do?

Drugged, unconscious, no memory of the elapsed time, in a compromised position with a person who is free to do what they wish. Do I even have to take the time and space to say what that recipe adds up to?
-->