Saturday, October 24, 2009

Okay its been a while...

It feels like I've been out of the office lately I know but I've been busy with two things.

1. My local volunteer fire department has an annual haunted house every year and I've been spending a lot of my free time working with them on it. I'm not a member of the department but it gives me something to do for Halloween in a place that has almost nothing going on for this fun time of year. Hey I'm in the Bible Belt (and in the same state as this) what can I do? But speaking of something to do for Halloween I do have something planned for that night. Which brings me to...

2. My steampunk costume. I've never done any steampunk stuff before so this is my first try and I have to say for a first try its coming pretty well. Unlike many people (or at least what I see) that usually dress up as nobles, ship captains, inventors, and pirates I've gone with something of a collector costume. You see I figure that all the parts for those nice weapons, ships, and stuff don't just fall out of the sky (well unless pirates use nice weapons to shoot a nice ship down out of the sky I suppose...). Those things have to come from somewhere and that somewhere might be a bit more dicey than a big brained inventor can handle. That's where I come in. With a pouch for tools, protective goggles, a headlight, and several pockets for carrying goods I the guy you call to get you the things you may not be able to...acquire on your own. I will have to remember to take a pic of the finished product.

Well that is what I've been up to for the last 2 weeks or so and will be up to for the next week or so. But don't worry I'll be back soon (like in an hour or so depending on how late I'm up) with my song title link post.

Take it easy.
-->