Saturday, October 24, 2009

Holy shit Anime Law #45 is true!!!

From the Laws of Anime:

  • Law of Uninteruptable Metamorphosis

    (from R. A. Hubby)

    Regardless of how long or involved the transformation sequence or how many times they've seen it before, any 'Bad Guys' witnessing a mecha/hero/heroine transforming are too stunned to do anything to interrupt it.


  • I was looking around youtube for my videos for my song title link post and was thinking about Xenogears (in fact one of the songs from the soundtrack will be in that post). I remember there being an awesome transformation sequence.



    I know the vid is not that great but Xenogears is a PSX game from a little over 10 years ago so oh well. That transformation was great right. When I first saw it I was all into. The music had me pumped. If you are a fan of giant robot fiction this has to get a rise out of you. Watching the gears (giant robots in Xenogears are called gears BTW) come together had me amped and ready to fight...then I remembered that this cool ass sequence is of an ENEMY gear formation and I had to fight it. And what a fight it was....

    So yes it is possible for a transformation sequence, no matter how long and drawn out it is, to stun your opponent and prevent them from doing anything about it.
    -->