Friday, September 11, 2009

Way to ruin a perfectly good song Kanye...

Not being that much into current rap and hiphop I honestly had never heard of the term, "No homo" until I came across this video by Jay Smooth sometime last year. Even after I watched it and read blog posts here and there about it the only time I ever saw it come up was an episode of the Boondocks where Riley was using at the end of almost every sentence he made. That is until I listened to the track "We Run This Town" on Jay-Z's latest album "Blueprint 3".


Jay Z feat. Rihanna and Kanye West - We Run This Town


The song is flowing just fine until the third verse when Kanye West comes in and pretty much opens with "Its crazy how you can go from being Joe Blow to everybody on your dick no homo."

Now according to Jay I'm about 6 years behind on this but perhaps his message was effective because this hit me as soon as I heard it. And its also worth mentioning that while Kanye was the one that said the line this is Jay-Z's track in Jay-Z's album. I just don't like Kanye that much.

2 comments:

April said...

I'm so glad you mentioned this. I loved Run This Town so much until I heard that specific Kanye part. And prior to that, I was a semi-fan of Kanye. I liked a couple of his songs, but hadn't bought an album or anything. But when he says "no homos," I just... why say that? What the hell? There is no reason why that's relevant to anything. It really tainted the whole song for me.

Danny said...

Yeah I was all up in the beat but then that line just fucked it all up.

-->