Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Does this mean he didn't even read my blog....

...and just nitpicked for a few things that could be twisted to suit his argument?

http://radicalprofeminist.blogspot.com/2009/09/dannys-corner-of-his-delusional.html

Just take a minute and read that post.

Strike One:
I'm posting this to demonstrate why men's rape of women continues. It's because men like Danny would rather spend their time blogging about insignificant shit than to deal with CRAP.
For someone who takes on the title of an activist that wants all people to get help this guy sure as hell likes dictating what is important and what is not. And I personally don't think rape is a joking matter but for this guy to say that my choice to blog about things that he deems insignificant is the reason men continue to rape women is almost laughable. I thought the reason men rape women is because men choose to rape women. In fact I'm sure he's probably said that a few times.

Strike Two:
He's got that right, no "all encompassing theme" at all, except, well, not dealing with reality, if ya wanna call that a "theme".
So talking about music, video games, anime, racism and other topics here and there mean I'm not dealing with reality? So all that sexism and racism I have faced and have dealt out, all the music I've listened to, all the anime I've watched, all the video games I've played, and all the other things that I've mentioned here and have done in my life were not real? Damn that sucks because I've spent a lot of money on video games and anime in my day. From the looks of things while I may not talk about all of reality (but really what blog really talks about ALL of reality?) Julian has chosen to actively disavow the parts of reality that do not suit him and his biases.

and

Strike Three:
Look at the tags he put on the post, "accountability, Men's Wrongs, The Limits of Liberalism, white male supremacy" (emphasis mine)

Now go back and look at the picture of the guy with the dunce hat in the corner.

Now go ahead and start laughing. Why should you laugh? This is why. Usually the sign of a person that takes a small bit of detail and runs off in the wrong direction and can't even bother to look for clues is when they miss something big. Now I'm sure he would come back with something to effect of even though I'm not white I'm supporting white supremacy through blahblahblahblah. But that still doesn't change that fact that he made a pretty big assumption about me which is dead wrong. I guess he missed part of Becoming a Feminist 101. Do I really need to say that I'm black on my blog or something to keep people from making assumptions about my race? I mean can I at least get a pic of a black guy in a dunce hat in the corner and a tag that says "black male supremacy"? Mind you that would still be incorrect but that would have least saved him this third strike.


So you have a man that says my choice of blog topics causes men to rape women, says my choice of blog topics don't represent reality, missed my race and in general just cherry picked a few parts of blog and went to town. And not only that I've never denied that men attack women yet he insists time and time again that there is no systematic hatred of men in any way, shape, or form. But I'm the one that is delusional?

Don't even bother with the fork I know he's done.

7 comments:

elementary_watson said...

I think I really should start a blog called "Friends of Danny". Its goal: Celebrating the awesomeness of a black man trying to find his own way of living in this world and making good meals out of the stuff American supermarkets sell; and pissing off "radical profeminists".

Danny said...

Ha Ha!

Although I'd go with:
Its goal: Celebrating the awesomeness of a black man trying to find his own way of living in this world and making good meals out of the stuff American supermarkets sell; and pissing off "radical profeminists" that get mad when the reality they desperately try to avoid is pointed out to them.

Sonja Newcombe said...

You could count me in on that! :)

Meadester said...

To think, you let that asswipe post messages here and even treated him civilly. How much do you want to bet he is too much of a pussy to let you post a response on his sewer of a blog? (sorry to use a gendered insult but somehow coward, chicken, or yellow-bellied, lily-livered spineless weasel doesn't seem strong enough)

Danny said...

Honestly I didn't even try to post anything over there. It is possible that he would let me but given how toxic his posts and responses are I just don't feel like it. Hell the only reason I did this post was because of how obvious it is that he is only looking at my blog long enough to find something to complain about without really understanding it. I mean the guy just assumed I'm white, makes unbackable accusations, and thinks that issues the disproportionally affect men should take a back seat to those that disproportionally affect women.

Danny said...

Honestly I didn't even try to post anything over there. It is possible that he would let me but given how toxic his posts and responses are I just don't feel like it. Hell the only reason I did this post was because of how obvious it is that he is only looking at my blog long enough to find something to complain about without really understanding it. I mean the guy just assumed I'm white, makes unbackable accusations, and thinks that issues the disproportionally affect men should take a back seat to those that disproportionally affect women.

Toysoldier said...

His response is typical of people who are caught up in their own anger and the "supremacy" of their political position. It might be for show or it might be real. However, the intended effect of such behavior is to cause the same response the Glen Becks and Ed Schultzs do. It is just to rile up anger at a particular problem. Accuracy is irrelevant because the people who read that blog are not going to bother to check the information for themselves anyway.

-->