Monday, July 27, 2009

Still experimenting...

Okay I'm still trying things out on my blog in order to get it up to snuff (and try to at least be on par with other blogs) and trying things out. My latest item to try out is a rating system for my posts. If you look just under the title of the posts here you will see a small row of stars. Just like on Amazon, Blockbuster Online, and so forth the rating system works by simply clicking on the number of stars (1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest) you wish to rate the post.

Also when you place your cursor over the stars you notice that an "i" appears to the right of them (that "i" appears in a lot of places, I guess it means information or something). Clicking on this will display a small window with a appear with four headings:

My:
This will display what rating you gave the post and what ratings you have given recently (not sure how far back "recently" goes though).

Top:
This will display the posts with the highest ratings. (I'd assume it a top five or something.)

Hot:
Not sure about this but my guess is that it display the most recently rated post.

Info:
This will display rating information of a post. It shows how many times it was rated, the average rating, and what you (as in you the reader) rated it.

Not sure how this is going to go over but hey I'm still learning this whole blogging thing.
-->