Monday, June 29, 2009

Weekly Menu June 29 - July 3

You may notice that I didn't have a menu post for last week. I was slumming and slumming cramps creativity. Well the wallet is (a little) better off so its back to cooking.

Breakfast:
I was looking for something to new to try and came across wheat pancake mix. Well new to me anyway. Never having seen such a thing before I just had to try it. Along with it I bought some smoked beef sausage (Lumberjacks) because I hadn't had any in a while. I followed the directions on the box of wheat pancake mix (cooked in a waffle maker) and for the sausage I split each piece in two and baked them in the oven for about 15 min. (400 degrees)

Lunch:
For lunch I decided to try some baked chicken. I baked eight short thighs in four pairs (remember chicken draws up when baked) with each pair spiced and wrapped in aluminum foil then placed in a greased baking pan (just in case the foil leaks) and placed in the oven at 400 degrees for about 1 hour 15 minutes. I got that time from the fact that I cooked mine for about 1 1/2 hr. and it was drying out. As for spices:

1. Honey
Leftover local store brand BBQ sauce
Vinegar
Black Pepper

2. Italian Seasoning (prepacked mix of Oregano, Rosemary, Thyme, and Basil)
Garlic Powder
Sea Salt
Vinegar
Crushed Red Pepper

3. Five Spice (prepacked mix of Fennel, Ground Cloves, Black Pepper, Cinnamon, and Ginger)
Chili Powder
Cinnamon
Black Pepper
Sage
Vinegar

4. Italian Seasoning
Five Spice
Crushed Red Pepper
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper
Chili Powder
Vinegar

Along with them I'm munching on my usual assortment of bags of steamed veggies.


Well there you have it waffles and sausage for breakfast and baked chicken and veggies for lunch.
-->