Thursday, February 19, 2009

Lost in the darkness of The Sacred Grove, I Try to find My Way to The Light

I've been trying to get myself to start meditating again (now that my father has had his surgery I have A LOT of stuff to think about) and this phrase just hit me. Mind you I didn't think of it just like this but I was able to get to this phrasing with only a few changes. It fell into place so nicely I just had to go with it.


Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess OST - Sacred Grove
If you are familiar with the Zelda series of games you know that at some point you will have to go into the Lost Woods and the theme used there is usually something mellow and calming. I have to say this is my favorite of all the versions I've heard.



Macy Gray - I Try
Not to make fun of her but I have to admit that her voice suits her soul style of music very well. Haven't heard anything out of her in a while or maybe I'm just behind because I really don't follow music that well.




Frank Sinatra - My Way
Honestly I was sure there was a song out there somewhere by someone called "My Way" I just needed to find it. A search of youtube resulted in this song by the lounge singing legend.




Common - The Light
If I'm not mistaken this was Common's first hit single. I remember listening to this a while back. Common's music was the first time I really paid any notice to conscious music.




I like the fact that this one just popped in my head. Now I'm good until March.

1 comment:

frau sally benz said...

This is your best one yet, IMO. Hope your father pulls through. *hugs*

-->